Creator Expert Roller Coaster set 10261 is set to be released on June 1, 2018.
April 26, 2018
Description of this set, some which is from the LEGO® shop site.
This fully functional chain-lift model comes with 2 trains and an array of authentic features and functions, including a ticket booth, cotton candy cart, concession stand, height marker, and a covered boarding station complete with opening barriers and a control panel. Lower the lap bars to secure the riders into the cars and release the brake to send the train to the foot of the first climb. Then activate the chain lift and enjoy the ride as the gravity-driven cars hurtle through the Roller Coaster’s twists and turns. Upgrade the Roller Coaster with LEGO Power functions for a motorized chain lift or LEGO BOOST for an added movement sensor and realistic sound effects! This incredible collectible toy has been designed to provide a challenging and rewarding building experience with a touch of nostalgia and charm.
- Includes 11 minifigures: a cotton candy vendor, 2 ride attendants, 2 grandparents with their granddaughter and 5 riders. 8 of these minifigures feature reversible heads to display different emotions.
- Fully functional chain-lift Roller Coaster model features a classic brick-built sign, control panel, 2 trains—each consisting of 3 train cars with low-friction wheels, and a 44-piece track consisting of 7 different rail elements.
- Also features a ticket booth, fountain, cotton candy cart, concession stand, waiting area with bench, camera element and a pond with a frog figure.
- Buy your ticket at the booth and make your way to the covered plaza.
- No cheating at the height marker—the ride attendant has an accurate measuring stick!
- Help the riders into the cars and secure the lap bars.
- Release the brake to send the cars to the foot of the first climb.
- Activate the chain lift to pull the train cars to the top of the first drop.
- Move the rails to launch a second train.
- Serve refreshing beverages at the concession stand or spin some cotton candy.
- Upgrade the Roller Coaster with LEGO® Power Functions for a motorized chain lift, or with LEGO BOOST for automated chain lift activation and realistic sound effects!
- This amazing set includes over 4,120 pieces.
- Decorated elements include a ticket, money, arrow tiles, pressure gauge, number pad and a ride control panel.
- Special new-for-June-2018 elements include a 2x8x6 Rail Slope, 1x2x1 Bow Brick, plant leaves, stalks and flowers.
- Other elements include a height checker and 2 cotton candy treats.
- Makes the perfect fairground addition to the 10257 LEGO® Creator Expert Carousel.
- Measures over 20” (53cm) high, 34” (88cm) wide and 16” (41cm) deep.
Adding the new LEGO® London Bus set 10258 to our future prospects list.
September 25, 2017 – We are adding the new London Bus set to our future prospects page. It is currently listed for $139.99. It is throwback to one of our favorite sets, the 1974 set 384. See our blog post on the 1974 London Bus set.
LEGO® Star Wars™ Sandcrawler™ is now Retired! See the latest brixinvest Investment Page
January 23, 2017 – The Sandcrawler™ is from Star Wars™ Episode IV A New Hope. Set set has been on the brixinvest future prospects page for some time. We had recommended the Sandcrawler a™s a potential investment! This is is now showing as retied on the LEGO® web site. The prices are really all over the place. There are sets for sale anywhere from low $700 to just under the MSRP price of $299.99. Over all the average price is around $435. So, since this set is just retired, it will take some time for prices to stabilize. See more details set under our Star Wars™ Investment pages.
Some of the highlights of this set are:
- 7 minfigures: Luke Skywalker™, Uncle Owen, C-3PO™ and 4 Jawas™, plus R2-D2™, R2 unit, an R1-series Droid™, Gonk Droid™, R5-D4™ and a Treadwell Droid™
- Features 8 tracks with steering function, lowering front ramp, opening side flaps, removable top, working cranes, speeder bike, opening hatch for easy access to the boxes, attachable handles for lifting boxes, and a detailed interior including engine bay, storage bay and cockpit
- Dimensions are over 9” (24cm) high, 18” (48cm) long and 6” (16cm) wide
LEGO® Pet Shop 10218 is finally retiring
December 19, 2016 – After being on the market since 2011, the LEGO Pet Shop set 10218 is retiring. A LEGO show web site shows this as sold out and “Retiring Soon” but all sources indicate that set has already retired.
The Pet Shop set is on the brixinvest.net future prospects page. Due to the fact that this set was on the market for over 6 years, we cannot be sure that it will appreciate in price as much as some of the other modular buildings have. However, the price range for this set new in box in pristine condition varies wildly on sites like eBay and Amazon. The asking prices range from high $400’s to slightly over the MSRP price $149. With time, we’ll see how this set will really perform.
LEGO® to Release Ideas 21306 Beatles Yellow Submarine
October 12, 2016 – LEGO has approved the release of Ideas set 21306, the Beatles Yellow Submarine! It is to be available by November. It is made up of around 550 pieces and comes with John, Paul, George and Ringo minifigures. The estimated price will be $55.99.
The new Winter Holiday Train set 10254 will be available on October 1, 2016
August 31, 2016 –
This latest LEGO® Creator Expert Holiday Train includes five minifigures, a full circle of track, boarding platform with bench and lamppost. . You can use Power Functions on the train engine with brick-built smoke bellowing from its stack, coal tender, flatbed wagon with a rotating holiday tree, toys and gifts, and a red caboose with a detailed interior and table. The train engine has large and small red wheels and the train is decorated with green wreathes, string lights and white tree elements.
The Disney Castle – Available on September 1st, 2016?
August 24, 2016 – There has already been quite a lot of buzz about the upcoming set, The Disney Castle. It is set to sell for $349.99 in the US for the 4080 pieces. That is about $0.11 a piece which is about average for this size set. The sets that were released to VIP customers early are sold out. The LEGO Shop is asking for everyone to check again on September 1st. We hope that the set will appear on shelves by then.