LEGO® will relaunch one of the largest sets ever in time of the holidays. It will be released as set number 10256. It will sell for $369.99 and will have the same number of pieces as set 10189 released in 2008, 5923 pieces.
The previous version, 10189, was one of most collectible sets and sold for an average price of around $4500 compared to the its original price of $299. It is certain that this new 10256 will impact the resale price the older 10189.
Information from the LEGO site:
Build and discover the Taj Mahal! The huge ivory-white marble mausoleum, renowned as one of the world’s architectural wonders, was commissioned in 1631 by the Emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his wife, the Empress Mumtaz Mahal. This relaunched 2008 LEGO® Creator Expert interpretation features the structure’s 4 facades with sweeping arches, balconies and arched windows. The central dome, subsidiary domed chambers and surrounding minarets are topped with decorative finials, and the raised platform is lined with recessed arches. The model is finished with ornate detailing throughout and intricate tilework around the base. With more than 5,900 pieces, this set is designed to deliver a rewarding building experience and makes a great display piece for the home or office.
- LEGO® interpretation of the real-world architectural wonder, the Taj Mahal.
- Relaunched 2008 model, featuring 4 facades with arches and arched windows; central dome, 4 subsidiary domed chambers and 4 minarets, all topped with decorative finials; raised platform lined with recessed arches; ornate detailing throughout; and intricate tilework around the base.
- Divides into 7 modular sections for easier transportation.
- Put your LEGO® building skills to the test with one of the largest LEGO models ever created!
- Special elements include 6 blue 16×32 baseplates, white 1x5x4 bricks with bow, lots of transparent elements, ‘Erling’ bricks and ‘jumper’ plates.
- This set includes over 5,900 LEGO® pieces.
- Measures over 16” (43cm) high, 20” (51cm) wide and 20” (51cm) deep.